Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Five women go back to work

RTE's latest.

Five women leave their families and are thrown back into the workplace to see how they cope with the pressures of a full time job and trying to raise a family. Cue scenes of distressed women crying down the phone in a car park.
I didn't realise we'd travelled back to 1953 where this situation might have actually been out of the ordinary. How many more horrific attempts at producing reality TV are RTE going to make before they realise they're humiliating themselves? And who thought up the title? Jesus Christ, theres descriptive and then theres just plain unimaginative.

Next week: 6 farmers go to a Ceilidh in westport.

9 comments:

Rosie said...

horror.

will you watch it, so that i don't have to?

The Other Side Of The Coin said...

Second that...

Sarah Gostrangely said...

Eurgh.

Maybe women + work in Donnybrook is a new concept. Who knows.

Next programme could also be "Foreign Nationals have Feelings Too."

Radge said...

I saw that advertised. Jesus Christ. I mean, for fuck's sake. I don't have the words.

the dublinista said...

Rosie & Coiney:If things look terrible then I usually feel compelled to watch them.

Sarah: You should probably copyright that idea...

Radge: I was half hoping you'd do a live blog on it.

Radge said...

Careful what you wish for, Dublinista, careful now. I'm tempted.

Andrew said...

Christ, what if, one horrifc night, one's only viewing options were this, Coronation Street or Celebrity Big Brother?

Do let us know how the plucky wee cailíní get on, won't you?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I've said this about a half dozen other things in times gone by but nonetheless; if I were a woman I'd be grossly offended, I'm not, so it's just kind of embarrassing for everyone involved.

That said, the comedic potential of it is unparalelled by anything else RTE have done

PS; I can't spell unparalelelled

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a without question as you did in the downgrade issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=essential actionscript 2.0 download ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg