Monday, October 20, 2008

Make 400+ per week! Do not delay! Contact today!

Have you ever seen an ad offering you a way to subsidise your income, clear your debts, or even earn enough to retire yourself and your entire family in 5 years? Well I see them. All the time. I see the colourful A6 pages that are tacked to post office walls and Spar notice boards. I see the mobile phone numbers and a vague description of a "work from home" position. I see the euro signs in my eyes, debts being cleared, long holidays and champagne on Tuesdays.I see the potential for something great.
This lust for easy money has led me down many a stray street-the most tragic of which saw me selling scratchcards in the rain, a run-in with Kleeneze catalogue and being a mystery shopper. The most successful of all (although least financially rewarding) was my brief fling with hotelsbycity.net. The idea was simple. Pick a European City, write about it, get paid money. Well the first two happened. I was under the impression that I was hand selected to write these reviews. Plucked from obscurity, chosen to offer an insight into Dublin for tourists and natives alike. It was only when I received my user name "dublinblogger1" and then later when "dublinblogger2" came on the scene that I realised it was free game to anyone who saw the ad. He appears to be still going strong-the lucky bastard probably knows how adware works. But still, I tried. You can see my efforts here, here and here
I may not have made any money, but its comments like this that make it all worthwhile:


Barry Says: July 10th, 2008 at 9:02 am

I had one of thge worst experiences I ever had at Copperhead Jack.Myself and my partner weer resident at the Jackson Court Hotel,where free entrance to the night club was offered.We had been a a gig and on returning to hotel thought we'd pop into Copperhead Jack's for a night cap.
Over zealous bouncer told us we were too drunk and would allow us access,we did of course have a free drinks but we were neither rowdy or obviously drunk.We are respectable mid aged professionals and did'nt not fit into any profile which might raise concern.The more we pressed out case the more obstrictive and aggressive the bouncers became.We could not believe what was happening,we had never been refused entry to any club before.
Perhaps this was an ageist response or indeed because we both have northern accents.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

how lucky they were. would that the bouncers had refused me entry that fateful night, that one and only time...

the dublinista said...

"that one and only time" if only I could apply that phrase...
I could wrote a book based on my experiences in this musty shithole.

Rosie said...

do it. you could be the next Amanda Brunker!

Mearsley said...

I love the persons use of the word 'Obstrictive'. Such a meaningful word, unparalleled in the English Language.

Anonymous said...

lakksf represents malleable lamented iipaper emerging divisiondbe fohkkx friday labor hopes
lolikneri havaqatsu